Best Flashlight App For iPhone, Turn on iPhone Flashlight with a few simple tips by following these easy-to-follow instructions to enable iPhone Flashlight.
Apple has built a flash into the back of every iPhone phone, starting with the iPhone 4, so you can take amazing-quality photos even when there’s almost no light on your subject. In recent iPhones, Apple has added a two-tone flash that allows you to color better for your skin tone.
But the flash on the back of your iPhone is not only good for taking great photos or videos but it can also be used to hold your iPhone like a flashlight. Here is a handy guide to turn your iPhone into a flashlight instantly.
- Features of the best flashlight app for iPhone
Features of the best flashlight app for iPhone
- Auto power on based on device orientation: Tilt iPhone to landscape mode and the LED will turn on automatically
- One-touch ignition. A simple and large application button activates the LED flash. But that is not all
- You can control the intensity of the flashlight with the slider below the LED on the button
- Timer: Set the flashlight to blink at specific intervals. A slider allows you to control the frequency
- Flashlight with a zoom function that allows you to magnify things
- Clap-to-Switch On Feature: Audio-based switching. Clap to turn the flashlight on/off
How to turn on Flashlight on iPhone
Tap the Lock screen to wake your iPhone, and then there’s a flashlight button in the bottom left. Touch and release to turn on the flashlight.
It’s a touch-and-release motion: the flashlight doesn’t turn on until you release the button. And when you do, you’ll also get a haptic confirmation that you’ve turned it on.
You turn it off as it is, assuming you’re still on the lock screen. If you’ve had an iPhone for a long time, chances are you’ll unlock it with Face ID and lose this option.
In that case, you have to use the Control Centre to turn the flashlight on or off. You can do this from the lock screen as well, and it has its benefits.
But primarily, what Control Centre does is give you the ability to turn on the light as quickly as possible from the lock screen. Swipe down the screen from the top right corner and tap the flashlight icon to turn it on or off.
If the light is off, that icon is a black button with a white flashlight. If the light is on, it’s a white button with a blue flashlight icon.
A more direct option is to use a flashlight. You can say “Hey Siri, turn on the flashlight,” and it will do exactly that. Or off, if you ask.
How to turn on or off your iPhone Flashlight using Siri?
1. To turn on the flashlight, say “Hey Siri, turn on my flashlight” or a similar phrase.
2. To turn off the flashlight, say “Hey Siri, turn off my flashlight” or a similar phrase.
3. If you have disabled “Hear Hey Siri” for iPhones with Face ID, press and hold the Power or Home button before speaking these commands.
How to Change the Brightness of the iPhone Flashlight
1. for iPhones with Face ID, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open Control Centre. For iPhones without Face ID, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center.
2. Long press the flashlight icon.
3. Touch or slide your finger along the vertical bar to increase or decrease the brightness.
How to Quickly Enable Flashlight on iPhone from Control Centre
Once you have enabled the above flashlight shortcut, it is very easy to enable flashlight on your iPhone quickly. This way:
- Follow the steps above to make sure the Flashlight shortcut is enabled in Control Centre.
- If you’re using a modern iPhone without a Home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Centre shortcut.
- If you’re using an older iPhone with a Home button, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to access the Control Centre shortcut.
- Tap on Flashlight / Flashlight icon to quickly enable/disable the flashlight on your iPhone.
- and all. This quick ‘swipe and tap’ action is all you need to quickly turn your iPhone into a flashlight.
A quick trick to turn off the flashlight
Opening Control Centre and fumbling for the right icon to turn off the flashlight can seem like a lot of steps, especially if you don’t want to allow access to Control Center from your lock screen or don’t have Hey Siri enabled. Here’s how to turn off the flashlight on your iPhone without opening Control Centre.
The camera flash and flashlight on your iPhone use the same bulb, so opening the Camera app turns off the flashlight.
- Press the Side button on any iPhone model to access the Lock screen. On newer iPhones, you can also use Raise to Wake to access the Lock screen.
- From the lock screen, swipe left to access the camera and release it before reaching the middle.
- The flashlight will turn off and you will still be on the lock screen.
Loaded primarily with utilitarian stuff, the torch is the real Swiss army knife on this list. The compass feature makes the flashlight app a great hiking companion in case your headlamp or flashlight fails along the way.
However, the altitude tracker is sure to really tempt a niche alpinist. The strobe mode is also adjustable, which makes the app ideal for helping out in an emergency or if your bike lights go out in the middle of a ride.
There’s also a disco mode that uses, yes, you guessed it, an animated disco ball for your next low-budget house party. Likewise, the animated lighter and candle features are perfect for those who want to be “that guy” at the concert. Built-in Live Map options let you see other people using the app around the world; though don’t be surprised if you’re alone.