Can You Ping Your Apple Watch, We have all lost or temporarily lost our iPhones? At this point, it’s almost a rite of passage for smartphone owners to touch their pockets, realize their device isn’t there, and then search the room.
Apple has long offered a tool to help users in such a situation: Find My iPhone. This allows users to see the last location of their iPhone or iPad and, perhaps most helpfully, sends a “ping” that will force the device to beep even when muted. The only downside to Find My iPhone is that it requires a second iDevice to use.
However, for people with an Apple Watch, things are much easier. If you’re a regular Apple Watch user, there’s a good chance that even if you’ve lost your iPhone, your Apple Watch will still be securely attached to your wrist.
To ping your iPhone with your Apple Watch, tap the Digital Crown to display your watch face. Then swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Apple Watch Control Center. Look for the icon that looks like an iPhone with audio waves coming from the edges.
Tap this icon to ping your iPhone. Your iPhone will play the ping sound effect at full volume even when the device is muted. The sound effect will only play once, but you can tap the icon again on your Apple Watch to send multiple pings.
The Find My iPhone app and the iCloud website are still great tools for people who don’t have an Apple Watch or when their iPhone isn’t available. However, it’s a really quick and easy way to ping your iPhone when your Apple Watch is available.
Ping your iPhone with Control Center on Apple Watch
To start pinging the iPhone from Apple Watch, follow these steps:
· Open Control Center on your Apple Watch by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on the watch face.
· Tap the ping button on your iPhone to play a sound. Press and hold the ping button so your iPhone turns on as well.
· Your iPhone will keep pinging when you find it. When it finds your device, it will stop and unlock it. Sadly, the Apple Watch can only ping the iPhone it is paired with, so the same feature will not work on the iPad.
Turn on the LED flashlight by pinging your iPhone
· You can turn on your iPhone’s LED flashlight by pinging your iPhone with your Apple Watch. To do this, instead of just tapping the ping button in Control Center, tap and hold it.
· You should notice that the LED blinks with an audible sound on your iPhone. This is useful if you are trying to locate your iPhone in a dark place.
Why do we need to ping Apple Watch?
Usually, people lose apple watches and then find apple watches everywhere. But since Apple provides a great feature to locate Apple Watch from iPhone, it has become very easy to find a lost or stolen Apple Watch.
Not many people know how to ping Apple Watch using iPhone. Here we show you the best way to ping Apple Watch using iPhone.
Also, if you are unable to ping Apple Watch with your iPhone, make sure you meet all the mandatory requirements to use the ping feature on Apple Watch listed below.
Find your iPhone with Apple Watch
You can also use the Ping feature of the iPhone, which allows users to quickly find their lost iPhone using the Apple Watch. See here how it works.
· Access the Control Center screen on your Apple Watch.
· Once you are in the Control Center, tap on the iPhone button as shown in the image above.
As soon as you tap on this button, your iPhone will start ringing and thus it will know your location. The iPhone must be within the Bluetooth range of the Apple Watch for this to work.
What to do if you don’t see your Apple Watch on the map
If you don’t see your Apple Watch in Find My iPhone, it may not be connected to Wi-Fi, mobile data, or your paired iPhone. Alternatively, it could be because Find My iPhone is not activated on your device.
1. First, here is a quick overview of the different Apple watches and how they work with Find My iPhone to show you their approximate location.
· The Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 3 can use a reliable cellular connection, GPS, or a reliable Wi-Fi connection to show your location.
· Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) and Series 2 can use GPS or a reliable Wi-Fi connection.
· Lastly, since the Apple Watch Series 1 is not equipped with GPS, the app will only show you the location of your paired iPhone or connected Wi-Fi network.
2. If you didn’t activate Find My iPhone before your Apple Watch was lost or stolen, and your Watch has no way to communicate with Wi-Fi, mobile data, or apps on your paired iPhone. You cannot use it to locate your watch.
3. To keep your information safe, put your Apple Watch in Lost Mode by tapping the Find My iPhone app, then Actions in Lost Mode.
Putting your watch in lost mode requires a passcode to turn off Find My iPhone, erase your watch, or pair it with another iPhone. Turning on lost mode allows you to enter a phone number to contact you and a message for anyone who finds your Apple Watch.
4. Apple also recommends changing your Apple ID password and notifying local authorities if your device is lost or stolen. “Find My iPhone is the only way you can track or locate a lost or misplaced device.
If Find My iPhone is not enabled before you lose your watch, there is no other Apple service that can find, track or mark your device for you, “the support page reads.
How do I replace my lost apple watch?
Can You Ping Your Apple Watch, You must provide a serial number to your local authorities. Find your device serial number.
Neither Apple’s limited warranty nor AppleCare+ provides a replacement Apple Watch in case yours is lost or stolen.