- 1 How Long Does it Take to Charge a Fitbit Flex
- 1.1 What is a Fitbit?
- 1.2 How to Charge a Fitbit Flex with a charging cradle
- 1.3 Some tips to improve Fitbit battery life
- 1.4 Do’s & Don’ts charge the fitbit fitness tracker
How Long Does it Take to Charge a Fitbit Flex
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Table of Contents
Have you ever wondered how long it takes to charge a Fitbit flex?
The short answer is Fitbit flex fully charge in 3 hours when plugged into a standard USB power outlet. However, some can be fully charged in an hour or less.
Do you often have trouble charging your Fitbit fitness tracker, or does it sometimes charge too quickly as it does other times? And you can’t find a reason for it, which can be very frustrating, and you’re looking for answers about how long it takes to charge your Fitbit.
Fortunately, Fitbit has taken tremendous steps to improve its products’ lifespan, which is different for each device. So, if you want to keep your Fitbit battery performing and overcome charging issues, consider the suggestions and recommendations in this article.
What is a Fitbit?
The Fitbit is an activity tracker that is usually worn on the wrist, and that can track the distance you walk, run, swim or cycle and the amount of calories you burn and carry. Some fitbit tracker also monitors your heart rate and sleep quality.
You can receive text, call, and calendar notifications in many cases, connect to your phone’s GPS to map running routes, and even control the soundtrack for your workout. You can also use your Fitbit to communicate with friends and families, exchange messages, improve data, and overcome challenges.
How does Fitbit work?
If you’re wondering how Fitbit works, look no further! Fitbit trackers use “3-axis accelerometers” to track your movement. These algorithms are used to search for specific movement patterns such as walking, swimming, or cycling. Independent testers hold the system to be approximately 90% accurate.
Using Fitbit charging cable and charging station
All Fitbit models require a charging cable or cradle. The all-new Fitbit comes with the necessary charger. However, if you have purchased a Fitbit second hand, you may have to buy an aftermarket charger.
Here is a list of Fitbit devices that require a charger cable or cradle
- Charging cradle: Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Flex 2, Fitbit Zip, and Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit One.
- Charging cable: Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ace, Fitbit Alta, F Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Charge HR, itbit Alta HR, Fitbit Flyer, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Surge.
How to Charge a Fitbit Flex with a charging cradle
The Fitbit Flex model must be placed within a special charging cradle. These models are usually housed within a wristband or clip-on case when worn or used.
- Remove the Fitbit Flex from its strap or case.
- Connect the USB end of the cable to the charging cradle in the USB port.
- Place the Fitbit Flex in your cradle, making sure that all of the gold connecting parts of the device are aligned with the cradle. The end of the Flex cradle must be snapped together to open it before it is inserted into the Fitbit Flex.
- The charging process starts automatically. The display on the Fitbit should be bright and a charging icon will appear when the charging process starts successfully. Now wait for the loading process to complete.
What to do if you’re Fitbit is not charging properly
If you’ve followed these instructions and your Fitbit still won’t charge, here are some troubleshooting tips you can try.
- Make sure you are using the correct charging cable or charging station. If you have multiple Fitbit models, you may have received the wrong charger.
- Make sure your computer is on. If you’ve plugged the USB end of the cable into a laptop or computer, make sure it’s turned on as the Fitbit won’t charge while in sleep mode.
- Clean the Fitbit and the connector ends of the cable or bracket. Dirt and oil can affect connectivity.
- Is Fitbit Wet? If you’ve used Fitbit while swimming, wait for it to dry before trying to charge it. Make sure the cable or bracket is also dry.
- What is electricity when using a USB port in an airport or coffee shop, employees may experience a power outage due to a technical problem? You can check if it is activated by charging your Smartphone or other electronic devices.
Some tips to improve Fitbit battery life
Avoid low charges as it is best to charge every night regardless of the battery level.
Like WiFi, Bluetooth uses a lot of battery power so if they are not hands-free or BT headsets, it is better to turn them off.
Turn off automatic synchronization:
It occurs in the background and is mainly used for real-time synchronization of Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and other services. It is only appropriate to enable it regularly and over WiFi; the rest of the time, it is better to disable it. It all depends on the preferences of each user.
Adjust screen brightness:
Until it is daytime and we’re out and about, it is best to minimize the screen brightness.
Disable automatic updates:
In many Android terminals this option is activated by default. It is also recommended to disable them as the phone is constantly checking for firmware updates.
While it is tempting to watch the progress of your goal, keeping the screen on all the time will shorten the life of your battery over time.
Set fewer alarm:
Your Fitbit Flex needs to remember these entire silent alarms – just adjust critically.
As with all other devices, the performance of the Fitbit fitness tracker battery is affected by temperature. If your device is too cold or too hot, the battery can be damaged. Make sure your device is not exposed to direct sun or weather.
The Fitbit vibrator is another item that consumes a lot of battery. It is therefore recommended that you only use it in high-pitched, ambiguous noise conditions.
Do’s & Don’ts charge the fitbit fitness tracker
- Make sure to charge the Fitbit by plugging a charging cable into your computer’s non-faulty USB hub.
- Other low power devices are also suitable, but it is better to use a UL certified USB charger.
- For better battery efficiency, I recommend not using a USB port or an external battery. Always use the cable that came with your tracker to charge.
How to adjust Fitbit
Okay, so now you have a charging solution, and you have a rough idea of how it works. What are you doing with it? Don’t worry, we’re talking to you about the basics here – here’s how to set up a Fitbit.
You can set up your Fitbit tracker by connecting to your Android, iOS, Windows Mobile device, or your Windows or Mac computer using the Fitbit app. Once you’ve downloaded the app and installed it on your chosen device, you should follow the in-app instructions for “Setting up a New Device.”
You need to create a Fitbit account and enter some necessary personal information before using your Fitbit. Your Fitbit can be connected to your device via Bluetooth or, if you’re using a non-Bluetooth computer, a wireless sync dongle (which must come with your Fitbit).
Make sure your Fitbit is set up for the wrist of the person you plan to wear. You can choose your dominant or non-dominant hand in the Wrist section of your Account Settings in the Fitbit app. To get a more detailed assessment of your sleep quality, switch from “Normal” to “Sensitive” in the “Advanced Settings.”
Keeping your Fitbit Fitness Tracker’s battery fully charged will save you time and be financially healthy. The services and functions that run on these devices have a significant impact on battery performance. However, if you take appropriate measures to minimize them, the battery charging time will undoubtedly increase.
As with the battery itself, regular charging and storage in a cool, heat-free place will extend the battery’s life.
Amazon Site is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that is designed to provide aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon products.
BEST WIRELESS DEVICES