How To Block Texts On Android, Texting has revolutionized the way people communicate with each other. This technology gives us an easier and more enjoyable form of communication. No matter the distance or the time of day, the whole world seems like a text message away from you. While it is useful in many ways, it also has disadvantages.
In some unforeseen circumstances, things can start to go wrong. When you get creepy anonymous text messages, spam, or unwanted messages, it’s best to get away from them quickly.
The iOS software is simple because you can block messages through the phone’s settings. Unfortunately, Android doesn’t work the same way on different mobile carriers. So in this article, we will guide you on how to block text messages on Android.
Message blocking prevents your phone from receiving messages from unknown or unwanted contacts. There are many reasons to block certain text messages. Either you are sick of receiving spam or you want to break up with someone.
When you block a text message, it usually means blocking the contact number. Through this, it blocks text messages and calls simultaneously. But there are third-party call blocking apps available. These apps can differentiate between what you want and what you want to block. This way you can only block text messages, not calls, or vice versa.
Raed Also How To Keep Airpods Pro From Falling Out
How to Block All Text on an Android Device
All Android smartphones come with a built-in default text messaging app. You are connected to your operator and you can use it to send text or multimedia messages.
You don’t need to be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi to send text messages, the app becomes a useful service when you run out of data or can’t find a Wi-Fi signal.
However, some people do not like to receive text messages and want to make sure they are not harassed online or offline.
So is there any way to completely block all text messages? You may have the idea of uninstalling the text messaging app to stop receiving text messages, but unfortunately, it is not possible.
The built-in texting app cannot be removed or disabled. However, there are two working solutions.
First, you can turn off text message notifications. You won’t know about them until you check the app to see the actual messages.
The steps to stop receiving text notifications may vary slightly depending on the Android device you’re using, but it goes like this:
· Open the Messaging app on your Android device.
· Select the Settings option from the main menu.
· Go to “More Settings” and tap “Automatic Messages”.
· Move the switch to “Off”.
· Again, this won’t block any contacts or messages, but it will prevent you from seeing your notifications.
The second solution and most effective solution is to block each contact individually.
Read Also How To Setup Apple Watch Without iPhone
Add to spam
One of the best ways to stop people from messaging you is to add your contact to the spam list. To do this, go to your text message list. From there, long press on the message coming from the spam number.
This will open a menu with three options, “Add to Spam Number” at the bottom. Once selected, you will need to click “OK” to verify and this number will no longer be able to contact you.
Some tips for filtering and stopping spam messages:
· Do not reply to unwanted messages and messages. If you reply directly to a spam text message, your number may be sold to other spammers and your inbox will be filled with messages.
· Avoid clicking links in text messages as it can steal your personal information and also slow down the performance of your phone.
· You have the option to combat unwanted text messages by reporting them directly to your telephone service providers.
· Most phones have default settings that can automatically filter out potentially unwanted text from the list. You can filter and block spam messages by adjusting your phone settings.
· You can also choose to block specific spammers if you receive spam messages from the same number over and over. However, most spammers use a different number each time they contact a customer.
· You can switch to a paid text blocking app to reduce the number of spam messages you receive. Apps like Robokiller are available for Android and iPhone and can significantly reduce unwanted calls and messages.
Use third-party apps to block unwanted text
If you are not satisfied with Android’s built-in spam filter, you can search for third-party messaging apps. These apps do a great job of filtering out unwanted SMS and they have some great features too. I list four third-party apps that are available on the Google Play store.
Truecaller is your best friend if you are fed up with promotional calls and messages. Automatically detects and blocks spam and promotional messages. You can also get the identity of the unknown sender. It has an extensive database of numbers and names. If you get a call from an unknown number, you get the caller ID, and if it’s spam, it also shows the number of people who reported the caller as spam.
TrueCaller also offers some other features like call recording, backup call history, and UPI payment method. One thing to keep in mind is that when you install TrueCaller, it loads your phone book into its database. In this way, you get the correct identity of unknown callers. If you do not want an application to access your phone book, please do not install this application.
Read Also How Accurate Is Find My iPhone
Contact your operator
How To Block Texts On Android, If the above two methods don’t work for you, you can contact your carrier to ask them to block specific numbers. It may not be the easiest way, but still, it is also an option if nothing works.
Your operator can easily create a block list where you will add all the numbers that you do not want to receive any text messages from. However, they may charge you for this service, so do your research properly.
You can simply go to your operator’s website and log in, if you do a little search, you will definitely find a page where you can block numbers. If you can’t find a page, just call the help center and they will add the number to the block list for you.