How To Connect Airpods To LG TV, You can connect your headphones wirelessly to a variety of devices, such as your phone, computer, smart speaker, fitness tracker, or tablet. But did you know that you can pair your wireless headphones with your Smart TV?
Whether you’re trying to connect AirPods to your Apple TV or wireless headphones to a streaming device like a Roku TV or Chromecast, we can help. Every day, Asurion experts help millions of our customers get the most out of the tools, equipment, and connections they trust.
Here’s your step-by-step guide to connecting your wireless headphones to your TV so you can watch the season finale you’ve been waiting for in peace.
Connecting AirPods to LG TV via Apple TV
By Apple TV, we mean a physical Apple TV device, such as the Apple TV 4K. Downloading the Apple TV app on your LG Smart TV doesn’t give you the connection benefits of the hardware version.
Pairing your AirPods with Apple TV is the best way to get the most out of your audio experience:
- Begin by putting your AirPods in pairing mode.
- On Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Bluetooth.
- When your AirPods appear, select the devices connected to them.
And it is. Now you’ll have full control over your AirPods, without having to worry about competing settings getting in the way.
As a side note, Apple’s HomePod — and any other smart speaker that plugs into your TV — won’t work with AirPods or any other truly wireless headphone options. So while you can connect your AirPods to a smart speaker, it won’t work when the speaker is connected to your TV for audio.
Other connection methods:
If your LG TV cannot connect as described above, it could be because it is an older model or brand.
You don’t necessarily have to buy a new TV to listen to your shows in private. You can connect these devices with the help of intermediate devices.
Roku+ streaming device
You can also buy the Roku Streaming Stick+ to connect your Airpods to your LG TV. This will not only allow you to enjoy great shows but also allows you to share photos and videos via the Apple AirPlay option.
Although the product will cost some money, it is a good investment. For one thing, you have a ‘private listening’ option that easily connects your TV to your AirPods.
To do this, you need:
- Download the Roku app on your phone.
- Plug your Roku device into the HDMI port.
- Connect your Airpods to your phone.
- Open the Roku app and select the ‘Headphones’ option.
If you use your AirPods with your LG TV, you can unplug the former by returning your AirPods to their case. You can also select the ‘Headphones’ option in your Roku app.
Remember, though, that this is just a streaming option, meaning you’ll only hear shows played through your Roku app. Unfortunately, this option means you won’t be able to listen to live or cable TV shows with the Roku.
How to connect Bluetooth headset to tv?
Bluetooth is currently the standard connection for most headsets and other devices. That said, connecting them to a PC or Mac is usually pretty easy. However, the same cannot be said for television. Here’s a quick guide on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to your TV:
- Put your headphones in pairing mode. Wireless headphones will have a flashing blue light indicating they are in pairing mode.
- Enable the Bluetooth function on the TV. Each TV has a different way of accessing Bluetooth support. We will show you an example with an LG TV.
- Click “Settings” or the gear icon on the remote.
- Switch to “Sound” mode and select Sound Output
- Once Bluetooth is enabled on the TV, it will search for nearby Bluetooth devices that are in pairing mode.
- Select “LG SoundSync/Bluetooth” and click “Device Selection”.
- The TV starts searching for available Bluetooth devices.
- Once scanned, you should be able to see your headphones in the list of detected devices. Bluetooth devices in pairing mode will appear in the “Available Devices” list.
- Select the pair of headphones you want to connect. Once paired, you’ll see it listed under “Paired Devices”.
How To Connect Airpods To LG TV, Most of your modern smart TVs come with the latest version of Bluetooth. This bodes well for Apple enthusiasts. On the other hand, not all Bluetooth headsets are created equal.
Apple has always been leaning towards sleek, high-end, glamorous technology, and they are obsessed with ditching physical buttons in favor of touch controls. Sometimes this causes problems, such as with Fire TV.
Ironically, Apple’s main smartphone competitor, Samsung, is completely on board with Apple’s latest streaming and connection tricks. Like Samsung, LG is joining the party, including major updates to older smart TV models to accommodate Apple.
That said, depending on the model and year, you can sometimes have problems with LG Smart TVs as well. However, LG TVs are generally compatible with Apple AirPods, and connecting your AirPods to an LG TV is a simple process.