How To Connect Vizio TV To Wifi Without Remote, Television has always been one of the best gadgets to entertain us. Nowadays everyone is eager to buy a Smart TV for various reasons and purposes. Because they have become the latest entertainment trend as they offer many smart features that TV lovers love. Therefore, Vizio Smart TV is one of the best options with smart features at an affordable price.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Vizio TV to a WiFi network, you’ve bookmarked the right place. In this context, I will provide you with some ways to connect Vizio Smart TV to a WiFi network with and without the remote control.
- How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a Remote
- What is preventing Vizio TV from connecting to Wi-Fi?
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a Remote
There are two main approaches you can take to connect your Vizio Smart TV to your WiFi without a remote. We’ll walk you through both methods quickly and go into more detail on how to accomplish the task.
· Universal remote control
· Vizio SmartCast App
· Ethernet cable.
If your Vizio Smart TV does not have a port for an Ethernet cable, you can use the Universal Remote option. But if yes, then this is an added bonus for you and thus you will be able to choose the best way to connect your Vizio TV to your WiFi without a remote.
But if you want to cut down on your resource, you can go for one of two options, Universal Remote or Ethernet Cable, which will help you connect your Vizio Smart TV to WiFi without your remote. I will I will
How to use an Ethernet cable or universal remote to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote is basic for all Vizio devices. However, if the approach doesn’t work for you, it could mean that your Vizio TV is out of date.
Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi Using a USB Keyboard
To connect your Vizio TV to a USB keyboard, the first thing you’ll need to do is reset your TV to factory settings. You would do this with the buttons on the TV. (They are located at the bottom of the TV screen. They may be on the left or right, depending on the model.)
· Turn on the tv. Press the volume down button and the input button together. Hold down both buttons for 5 seconds.
· A message will appear on the screen asking you to hold down the Enter button for 10 seconds.
· After 10 seconds, the process of rebooting your TV will begin.
· When the reset is complete, plug the USB keyboard into the back of the TV
· Now using the keyboard, choose the Network option from the menu.
· Available Wi-Fi networks will appear.
· Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password.
· When you have entered the password, confirm it by selecting the Connect option.
That’s it – your Vizio TV must be properly connected to Wi-Fi.
Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without a remote using an Ethernet cable
Your Vizio Smart TV should come with multiple connectivity ports to connect multiple devices with your TV. And the Ethernet port is the key to a wireless Internet connection.
Examine the back panel of your TV and find the Ethernet input. An Ethernet cable is what you can use to connect the Internet on your TV to your Wi-Fi modem/router.
Make sure the Ethernet cable is long enough to reach your TV’s modem and pick up the signal easily. And then follow these simple steps to turn on Wi-Fi access on your Vizio TV.
· Locate the Ethernet port input on the back of your Vizio television.
· Similarly, find the Ethernet cable entry on your Wi-Fi router.
· Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the router and the other end into the TV.
· Locate the power button on your TV and turn it on. Also, make sure to turn on the router.
· Your Vizio TV should have a set of basic buttons on the front and push the Menu button. However, if your TV does not support any buttons, you will not be able to access the Internet through this method.
· However, press Home Network followed by Menu and select the “Wired Network” option.
· Your Vizio TV will detect your Wi-Fi network router and connect to the Internet immediately.
Use the companion smartphone app to control the TV instead
Once you’ve connected your TV to the Internet, you can use your phone as a remote with the companion apps that most smart TV brands have.
Download the TV Remote Control app for Vizio TV from your phone’s app market.
Install and launch the app, but before you start pairing, make sure both devices are connected to the same network.
Follow the instructions in the app to pair with the TV.
You can control a Samsung TV through your phone only if you have a SmartThings Hub and the TV is paired with your Hub.
To start using your phone as a remote control with your Samsung TV:
· Open the SmartThings app
· Go to Menu > All Devices.
· Select your TV.
· The remote will appear on your phone.
It’s also very easy to use your phone to control your Sony TV; You just need to connect the TV and the phone to the same WiFi network.
Search for the TV SideView app in your phone’s app market.
Download the app and open it.
Follow the instructions in the app to find and connect to the TV on your network.
Install the Roku mobile app from the Play Store or App Store.
After making sure both devices are connected to the same network, proceed to pair the app with your Roku TV.
Go to your phone’s app market, search for the LG TV Plus app and install it.
Open the app and select your TV.
Proceed to design a scan, make sure your TV and phone are on the same WiFi network.
The app will automatically detect your Smart TV and complete the steps below to pair the app with your TV.
What is preventing Vizio TV from connecting to Wi-Fi?
We find that the main reasons are:
· DHCP is disabled: DHCP is a network protocol that allows a device to automatically assign a dynamic IP address that allows the device to communicate with other IP addresses. If this setting is disabled, the TV may not be able to detect the IP address it is assigned to and may not be able to connect to Wi-Fi.
· Corrupted startup settings – In some cases, the startup settings used by the TV or router may be corrupted, causing connection issues. Devices cache these settings to reduce startup time and improve performance while providing a smoother experience.
How To Connect Vizio TV To Wifi Without Remote, All in all, you now know how to connect a Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without a remote. And you also know what you can do with it. Once you’ve connected your TV to the Internet, you can use the app to control your TV and you won’t even need your remote.
Now it is ideal for temporary use or emergencies. Don’t just rely on this feature and get the remote from Vizio Support as soon as possible.
Since there’s no way to replace the convenience of a remote with all of these features, they’re good to get you through your days until you get the remote. So make sure you don’t rely too much on this feature.