How To Disconnect Airpods From All Devices, Apple’s latest wireless earbuds, called AirPods, use the W1 chipset to automatically pair with your iPhone. From there, the pairing appears on your Apple Watch, if you have one.
Also, iCloud will sync the pairing with your iPad and iMac, so even if you have both, you will still be able to use your AirPods on all of your Apple devices.
But what if you no longer want to use your AirPods with your Apple devices? Unpairing your AirPods from your iPhone automatically unpairs them from your iPad, but unpairing them from your iPad unpairs them from your iPad. You can add them again whenever you want. You can unlink like this:
- 1 Step by step guide, How To Disconnect Airpods From All Devices
- 2 How to factory reset AirPods or AirPods Pro
- 3 AirPods won’t pair
Step by step guide, How To Disconnect Airpods From All Devices
Here is our step-by-step guide that will explain how to remove your AirPods from your iPhone. Just follow our instructions and you’ll be ready in a matter of minutes.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- From there go to Bluetooth Settings.
- There, you can see all the devices paired with your iPhone, and AirPods should be among them.
- Touch the lowercase letter “i” next to your AirPods to enter the Notifications section.
- There you will see the Forget this device button and you have to tap on it.
- Then you have to tap one more time to confirm that you want your iPhone and other devices to forget their AirPods.
There you go! Removing your AirPods from your iPhone will also remove them from all other devices. However, if you ever decide to use your AirPods again, you can easily pair them with your devices whenever you want.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Touch Bluetooth.
- Tap the Notifications button next to your AirPods.
- Touch Forget this device.
- Touch Forget device to confirm.
On iPhone, tap Forget Device again to confirm deleting iCloud from another device.
Next up, the question is, can you use stolen AirPods? If you lose your AirPods with their case, you may be able to track them using Find My iPhone. The service works for all your Apple devices, not just your iPhone. There are two ways to get started: You can do this on your iPhone or iPad, or on a desktop computer.
If your AirPods are back online, you’ll receive a notification on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you’re using them with. Find My iPhone is the only way you can track or locate a lost or misplaced device. There is no other Apple service that can find, track, or mark your device for you.
Can someone use stolen AirPods?
Apple says that if your AirPods are lost or stolen, you’ll need to buy new ones, just like any other Apple product. Until Apple creates some sort of Touch ID for your ears, there will be few security measures in place to ensure that your AirPods don’t get lost or stolen. So watch out for them, at $159, they ain’t cheap.
Why do AirPods automatically switch devices?
The Auto Switch feature is designed to make life easier for AirPod owners.
Let’s say you listen to music on your iPhone on the way home from work. Once home, you pick up your iPad and use it to watch some YouTube videos.
It’s convenient for your AirPods to recognize device changes and automatically connect to your iPad so you can continue listening without interruptions without having to adjust any settings.
But this system has flaws. For example, parents can enjoy a rare moment of peace with the Cricket podcast on their iPhone, where their AirPods suddenly begin to blur the audio of a Netflix cartoon that a nearby child has streamed on their iPad. he has done. has done. I’ve given. This can be disappointing.
For this reason, some users will want to determine for themselves which device their AirPods connect to. Fortunately, it is possible and you only have to change one setting.
If your problem is that you’re AirPods keep disconnecting, read: How to fix AirPods that keep disconnecting from iPhone.
How to factory reset AirPods or AirPods Pro
1. Place your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds before opening the lid of your case.
3. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings> Bluetooth and tap the blue I icon next to your AirPods.
4. Touch Forget this device and touch again to confirm.
5. With the lid open, press and hold the button on the back of the chassis for about 15 seconds or until the status light turns amber and then white. If you use an Android phone, the first two steps are the same, then:
3. Go to Settings, then Connected Devices, then press the gear icon next to your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
4. Now, tap on Forget to confirm and then tap on Forget device.
How to prevent AirPods from being tracked
If your AirPods are lost or stolen, or if you want to prevent someone from tracking you after using them with your Apple device, this can be accomplished very simply.
First, let’s say you used your AirPods with someone else’s device or loaned it to a friend. You can see that the AirPods are also added to the other person’s iCloud account in Find My iPhone.
This can cause privacy issues and the other person can see your location when the AirPods are in use. They can also make louder noises than your AirPods, which may seem like a funny joke at first, but it can soon get very annoying!
If you got your AirPods back, you can simply reset them to factory settings. This will disconnect them from all Apple devices they are paired with.
To reset your AirPods and prevent them from being tracked, you will need to place them in the charger case with the lid open. There should be a button on the back of the case.
This white light indicates that the AirPods have been reset to factory settings and disconnected from all Apple devices in the process. Therefore, they cannot be detected until you reconnect them to your iCloud account.
AirPods won’t pair
How To Disconnect Airpods From All Devices, Whether you want to remove your AirPods to pair a new pair of AirPods with your devices, or you had a different reason, we hope the article was helpful and did.
AirPods aren’t just for listening to music. They have many features that are more amazing and we hope you take full advantage of them.
What are your favorite features? What do you use your AirPods for besides listening to music and podcasts?