If, You’re playing Xbox with friends and the game is heating up when your controller suddenly stops working. You try to reconnect it but it doesn’t get any signal or it randomly turns off and on. What do you do for a living?
Don’t worry, our experts help millions of customers solve problems like this every day on their favorite device. Your step-by-step guide is here on How To Keep Wireless Xbox Controller On, so you can go back to Call of Duty to find out.
- How do I keep my Xbox One controller on?
- Read Also 15 Best Wireless HDMI Transmitter
- The controller does not turn on
- Read Also 10 Best Ultra Widescreen Monitors For Gaming
- Read Also 6 Best Wireless Headphones for TV
How do I keep my Xbox One controller on?
First, use a wired connection. Second, make sure the controller is sending out a signal that can be done easily, as Major Loki suggests by putting a rubber band around the thumb and handle. I’m going to add, be sure to disable the “automatic shutdown” setting if you want to leave it on overnight.
Does Xbox One support wired controllers?
Officially Licensed Wired Controller for Xbox One, S, Xbox One X, and Windows 10.
Can you connect 2 wired controllers to one Xbox One?
The Xbox gamepad is wireless and works in wired mode via a micro USB to USB cable. So you can use 3 wired controllers without an external hard drive attached.
Read Also How to Connect to 5 GHz wifi Windows 10
Don’t worry about keeping it running
For gamers with a PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller, you probably know that your controller can last forever if you match the settings correctly. It doesn’t matter if you’ve left your controller idle for an extended period of time, it will stay on. The Xbox One controller works a little differently.
No matter how hard you go with the settings, this controller will automatically shut down after 15 minutes of inactivity. We know this can be frustrating, especially if you’re watching Netflix and you don’t have a microphone set up for speech recognition. But it only takes a few seconds to reconnect the controller after pressing the home button.
If you’re using more than one controller and need to quickly check if any of them need recharging, you can do so directly from the Xbox One home screen.
Once you are on the Start screen, click the Start button on each controller. From there, a small level will appear on your screen, informing you of the respective battery levels. There you can also see which drivers are already connected via USB or are currently loading.
Update the battery or recharge the battery pack
Your Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting the problem can also be caused by a weak battery. To verify that you have enough power, you should see the battery indicator on the home screen. If not, replace the battery or recharge it.
How do I stop my Xbox One controller from turning off automatically?
Aside from updating your firmware, there are a few simple things you can do with your controller first. These are solutions to the most likely causes discussed in the first question of this article.
- Move yourself and the controller closer to the Xbox to see if it changes anything. If that’s the case, it means you were too far from the console. Try using wireless mode when you are near this “wireless field” displayed on the console.
- Replace the battery in the controller to see if its behavior changes. If you’re using a rechargeable battery, charge it for a few hours and then reconnect your controller to the Xbox. If it works, it means you were only using the low battery controller.
- If all else fails, you can follow these instructions to turn it off and on:
- Press and hold the “Xbox button” (the big “X” button) on your console for more than 10 seconds. This will shut down your console. There may be a beep to indicate that it is on/off.
- To complete the power cycle, you must press this “X” button again. It will restart.
- This reboot allows you to reboot all components. Try reconnecting the controller now.
- If all five solutions fail, you should contact your vendor or Microsoft. In the past, they have often replaced faulty drivers as the problem is usually final.
Read Also 15 Best Wireless HDMI Transmitter
The controller does not turn on
The controller does not turn on when fully charged.
The controller was disconnected during the firmware update
If your controller was disconnected during the firmware update, it will not work until the firmware is back. To do this, the driver will need to be updated from scratch. Note: In this situation, the wireless connection to the controller does not work. This must be done via USB.
Tip: If you’re having trouble turning on the controller, removing the battery for 15 minutes before recovery may resolve this issue.
Connect your controller to an Xbox One console or PC. At this point, the method will be different. Note: Controller firmware recovery requires at least a functional controller to use the console.
To recover the controller to the console, follow these steps:
Step 1: On the console, navigate to Devices & Accessories.
Step 2: Find the Elite Controller. It should say that an update is needed if the correct driver is there.
Step 3: Recover Controller Firmware.
PC recovery requires Windows 10 as a prerequisite; Windows 7/8.x does not work. Downloading newer versions of Windows 10 doesn’t require a Microsoft account, but older versions usually do. Users of earlier versions of Windows 10 may need to change the account from a computer to a Microsoft account or sign in to the Store without modifying the account.
Step 1: Install the Xbox Accessories app.
Step 2: After Xbox Accessories are installed, connect the controller. If your controller is visible to PC and Xbox Accessories, it should light up and say Update Required.
Step 3: Click Update required and allow the firmware to be reinstalled.
If you followed these steps correctly, your controller should be working again.
How to Update and Configure Xbox One Controller
It’s not just games that get updated these days. He’s the controller! While you don’t need to update your Xbox controller, if you want to, the process is pretty simple.
- Open Windows Store and search for Xbox Accessories. Install the app and open it.
Windows Release Note: The app only works with Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update applied.
- Connect your Xbox One controller with a micro-USB cable.
- Click the “More Options” button to check for firmware updates for your controller.
Instead of setting controller options on a game-by-game basis, you can also use the Accessories app to change button assignments, swap and reverse sticks, and enable or disable triggers and rumbles.
If you have an Xbox One Elite controller, you can also use the Accessories app to configure options such as an analog joystick and trigger sensitivity. You can save different settings in the two profiles supported by the controller.
Try another controller
If you have another controller, try it on your console and see if that fixes the disconnect issue.
If the second controller works normally, you need to replace your original controller. But if both controllers share the same problem, the console needs to be repaired.
Read Also 6 Best Wireless Headphones for TV
After reading this post, you should know how to keep Xbox Wireless Controller running which keeps disconnect issues. What method works for you? If you have better solutions for the Xbox One controller disconnection problem, feel free to share them with us.