How To Look At Subscriptions On iPhone, Apple makes it really easy to sign up for a new subscription and make sure you’re billed for it. Unfortunately, it’s a lot easier to get a new subscription than to cancel one.
Many of the apps we use today for entertainment, news, sports, and games require constant payment every month. Regardless of the convenience, these membership fees can add up over time.
If you want to see what subscriptions you have through Apple or want to cancel some, this article is for you!
- How to Check Active App Subscriptions on iPhone or iPad
- Pay attention to:
- Change or subscribe again
- Mac. But how can you change or subscribe to a service?
- How to cancel the subscription on Mac
- How to cancel Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- How to cancel Apple Watch subscription
- Apple One subscription issues
- Enable/disable sharing of new subscriptions with family
- Android users should check out Google Play subscriptions
How to Check Active App Subscriptions on iPhone or iPad
Fortunately, these days Apple makes it very easy to find all the subscriptions that are currently active on your Apple ID or App Store account. Let us see how to view active app subscriptions on iPhone or iPad.
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap your avatar in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Manage Subscriptions.
- On this screen, you can see all your recurring iOS subscriptions – both active and expired subscriptions.
- To update or cancel a subscription on your iPhone or iPad, simply tap on any active subscription.
Pay attention to:
If you delete the APP on your iPhone or iPad with a recurring subscription activated through iTunes, the subscription will not be canceled automatically. You will need to manually locate the active iOS subscription and then manually cancel the app subscription on the iPhone or iPad. It is done like this.
Change or subscribe again
Apple keeps a record of your subscription history so that you can easily resubscribe to a service you’ve already canceled. You can also change an existing subscription from the same screen. Following are the steps for iOS.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID, which will appear in blue at the top.
- In the pop-up, tap View Apple ID.
- If necessary, log in to the iTunes Store with your Access data or Touch ID / Face ID.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- In the Running section, tap the service you want to subscribe to again or tap an active subscription to change it.
- Tap on the payment option you want to use to purchase a new subscription.
- Enter your Apple ID password or use Touch ID/Face ID when prompted.
Mac. But how can you change or subscribe to a service?
- Launch the iTunes application.
- Select the Store section from the tab at the top of the iTunes window.
- Under Store Quick Links, click Accounts.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials when prompted.
- In the Settings section, next to Subscriptions, click Manage.
- In the Expired Subscriptions section, click Edit next to the service you want to re-subscribe to or click Edit next to Active Subscriptions to change it.
- Select your preferred subscription option.
- Enter your Apple ID password and choose your preferred payment option.
- Click on Done.
How to cancel the subscription on Mac
- Go to the App Store application on your Mac.
- Select your name in the lower left. If you are not signed in, select the Sign In button and sign in to your account.
- At the top of the window, select View notification.
- Next, scroll down until you get to the Subscriptions section and click Manage.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel and click the Edit button next to it.
- Select the Log off option and confirm the action.
How to cancel Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Go to the settings of your Apple TV.
- Open Users and Accounts, then go to your account.
- Open the Membership section.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel, select it and select Cancel Subscription.
How to cancel Apple Watch subscription
- Go to the App Store on your Apple Watch.
- Find the Account option and tap on it.
- Go to Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel, tap Cancel Subscription and confirm.
Apple One subscription issues
With the Apple One Cancellation Error, in particular, you can check the subscription by tapping on it to see if it was accidentally canceled by Apple. Tap the level you want and approve the renewal payment. It looks like you will be billed right away.
If you have multiple Apple IDs, don’t forget to check them all.
Enable/disable sharing of new subscriptions with family
In the latest version of iOS and iPadOS, parents now have complete control over whether or not they can share the new subscription you’ve purchased with their family. Once you enable the option below, eligible subscriptions will automatically be shared with your family.
- Open Settings app on iPhone > Tap on Profile name
- Then unblock new subscriptions by tapping on Subscriptions > Activate option. Or turn off automatic sharing of new subscriptions with family. It is set up under Family Sharing.
- This is an essential solution for managing your upcoming subscriptions, which can be iCloud storage, apps, and more.
Android users should check out Google Play subscriptions
It’s not just Apple device users who should be keeping an eye on their subscriptions.
If you have an Android device, you should also check your account for an active Google Play subscription.
You can manage Google Play subscriptions by going to https://play.google.com/store/account the correct Google Account (this should be the account you use to download apps from the Google Play Store) and making sure you’re signed in there. From there, you can click on My Subscription, then select Subscriptions and either Cancel or Resubscribe.