How To Setup Apple Watch Without iPhone, The Apple Watch is considered the most attractive and functional smartwatch on the market today, but it is part of the Apple ecosystem. Is it possible to use Apple Watch without iPhone?
First, let’s clarify what we mean by using an iPhone “without” an Apple Watch. One explanation for this is to use the Apple Watch with a non-iOS phone. I wrote an article about it here, but the short answer is no.
The next explanation is whether you can use your Apple Watch away from your iPhone. The answer is yes, the Apple Watch will still work fine if you leave your iPhone somewhere else. The watch has its own hardware and is in fact a complete smart device in itself. At least from a hardware point of view.
This brings us to the third interpretation. Most likely, why would you ask this question? Can you use Apple Watch as a standalone device without iPhone or any additional device? The answer is no. At least now. However, this third explanation contains a bit more material than just providing a simple answer.
Can you use Apple Watch without iPhone?
When you first get an Apple Watch, it requires an iPhone to set up. There is no way to avoid this. The Watch app on the iPhone does most of the heavy lifting, and without it, you just have a beautiful bracelet that costs a lot.
We went through the Apple Watch setup process, but the hardest part is that you can’t get very far without an iPhone. Apple still treats the Apple Watch as a companion device to your smartphone, so much so that you can’t even use a Mac or iPad to help get it up and running.
So why did we say “yes and no” instead of “no”? Well, while you can’t set up an Apple Watch without an iPhone, there are a number of features on the device, which means you can leave your iPhone at home if you don’t want to take it with you. These are some of our favorites.
Read Also Do Motherboards Come With Bluetooth
How to set up Apple Watch without iPhone
Unfortunately, it is impossible to fully use the Apple Watch without connecting it to any iPhone device. Remember when I say that Apple is very strict with all its devices, Android or any other smartphone that users cannot use Apple Watch. This is for iPhone users only. The Apple Watch is built with 4G connectivity, so you will need at least an iPhone 6 to use it.
Setup requirements for Apple Watch
· An Apple Watch Series 4 or later or Apple Watch SE
· There is some confusion: at this time, only cellular models work with the familiar settings.
· The family established a cellular plan for all applicable watches.
· Each Cell Watch requires an additional Apple Watch mobile plan and its own phone number
· Look here for carriers that support Apple Watch family settings
· While Apple says that a cellular plan is not strictly necessary for a family member’s Apple Watch, it is necessary for many tasks such as phone calls, messaging, and shared space around the family’s iPhone. We recommend obtaining a wireless cellular service plan for each watch.
· All Apple watches must be updated to watchOS 7 or later
· At least one familiar iPhone with iOS 14 or later
· You must be the family organizer or parent/guardian in your Family Sharing group to access Family Settings on your iPhone.
· Each family member, including her children, must have their own unique Apple ID.
· Everyone must be an enlisted member of your Family Sharing plan
· Currently, family sharing is limited to a total of six family members, including a family organizer.
What we like about Apple’s new family setup plan is that it allows parents to use older Apple Watch cell phone models and connect them directly to the parent’s iPhone. Before watchOS 7 and iOS 14, each watch also needed its own iPhone, but not anymore.
Note that when you add an Apple Watch to the family settings, the watch receives your phone number and has the Apple Watch mobile service plan through your carrier’s cellular network. Each watch requires its own mobile add-on for your current iPhone plan.
Beginners, Setup Apple Watch Without iPhone
As a reminder, Jobs’ last big push came in what he called the “post-PC” era. Before 2011, the Apple ecosystem worked like this: The Mac was the hub from which the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, and other devices received most of their content, such as photos and videos. If you’re old enough to remember, you’ll remember that iPhone, iPad, and iPod setup, activation, and syncing require a Mac with iTunes.
iPhones and iPads can now be set up and used completely without a computer, and all Apple devices get their content from the cloud rather than a Mac. In other words, you can use any Apple mobile device. Without a mac.,
But seven years after the Apple Watch era, one of Apple’s most promising device categories still works the old-fashioned way. As any Apple Watch owner knows, activation and setup, data syncing, and daily tasks require an iPhone. The Apple Watch doesn’t live up to Jobs’ idea that all Apple devices work and exist on their own.
Read Also How To Clean Roomba Side Wheels
What can the Apple Watch do without the iPhone?
How To Setup Apple Watch Without iPhone, To use your Apple Watch without bringing your iPhone, you need a watch model with the GPS + cellular connectivity option. Then you can accept phone calls, receive text messages, and stream music on your watch without using your iPhone. However, keep in mind that doing so quickly drains the watch’s battery and is not recommended for all-day use.
But the Apple Watch can do a lot without a cellular connection, even without connecting to your iPhone:
· Follow in their footsteps.
· Measure your heartbeat.
· Analyze your dream.
· Give you an estimate of calorie burn for certain activities.
· Monitor your heart with the Electro Heart Sensor & ECG App.
· Listen to music.
· Use Apple Pay and Passport.
· Set an alarm or timer.
· Use the watch as a stopwatch.
· Get connected without an iPhone as long as you previously connected to the particular Wi-Fi network when you had your iPhone and Apple Watch with you.