How to Use PS3 Camera on PC
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
The PS3 Eye camera is the latest amazing from Sony. It attaches to the PlayStation 3 and allows gamers to control their games with gestures. It also allows people to video chat in HD for those times when you can’t be there in person.
However, hardware hackers managed to decode it and make it function on PCs. Due to its capacity for a camera and low price (around 30$), the camera is now a favorite instrument for augmented reality, multi-touch and gesture recognition applications, and projects. That is the thing we are gonna discuss in this article. We will tell you How To Use a PS3 Camera on a PC?
You can choose this camera because the camera works well in variable lighting, has stable USB performance, and is effective at high frame rates. Using its resolution of 640×480 pixels (@60 Hz) or 320×240 pixels (@120 Hz), it provides decent performance.
It’s important to consider the lighting in your store when you’re designing a retail space. If there isn’t enough light, infrared light sources can come in handy. For example, with the help of infrared light sources, you can have more precise tracking. This precision is important when tracking objects with the help of IR beams. Infrared light sources are superior in precision to other light sources.
It is also possible to easily track IR emitters or marks utilizing this method. So, now let’s get back to our topic and know how you can set up your PS3 camera on your Windows system.
Why PS3 Eye Camera?
The PlayStation Eye camera is a must-have accessory for almost any PlayStation 3 (PS3) proprietor seeking to expand their interactive gaming and online communication experience.
The powerful camera performance of PlayStation Eye together with the PlayStation Move controls (sold separately) provide for its most advanced motion-controlled gaming experience thus far, while regular high-end video and sound attributes also let it facilitate crystal clear sound and video conversation via PlayStation Network, in addition to editable and savable video and static pictures.
The camera tracks the sphere of the Move motion controller and your mind movement to accurately read every move you make. Crouch behind cover, or dodge an incoming attack, and your moves will be accurately captured in-game.
The camera includes a speedy frame rate for pristine video quality. Therefore, the output of the video you will get is excellent in terms of its price and use.
Just because of these features and the main thing is that it is cheaper than other cameras. That is why it is best for the normal use of a camera with a PC. If you don’t have a high budget to buy a camera for your PC, then this one can be the best option for you.
Read Also How to Reset a WiFi Router
Can you Use a PS3 Camera on PC?
The PS3 Camera can be used on your computer with a couple of clicks. All you need to do is install special drivers. It will not take up much time or space, and it won’t mess up anything on your personal computer or the PS3 Eye camera.
The PlayStation Eye features much of the free video editing software, allowing users to capture images, video, and sound clips right to the hard drive of the PlayStation 3 console. PS3 Eye camera features an assortment of different capturing modes, including stop movement and time-lapse. That is why it can fulfill your needs for these things also on a PC.
How To Use PS3 Camera on PC?
A webcam is a device that allows people to connect with the internet and other devices from their personal computers.
This has many different uses, including business video conferencing, public speaking, or even just making video calls on Skype. If you are looking for a new way to interact with your computer, the PS3 Eye camera is a great option. It’s easy to set up, doesn’t require any additional hardware, and has been tested on multiple versions of Windows without any problems.
So, to make your PS3 camera work with your Windows computer, you just have to follow the below-given steps very carefully.
- By navigating to the Windows “Start” menu, clicking “Control Panel” selecting “Hardware and Sound,” and then clicking on the “Device Manager” link under the Devices and Printers section, you can view the list of hardware currently installed on your system.
- Plug the USB cable from the PS3 Eye camera into a USB port on the computer. If you’re using a Mac, plug it into your laptop’s built-in card reader.
- Please download and unzip to the background the PS3 Eye Camera Driver that is appropriate for the version that was recorded.
- To update the driver for this camera, right-click on it within the Device Manager. Select “Update Driver” from the pop-up menu. You will be prompted to follow a few steps and wait while your hardware is upgraded.
- In order to install the PS3 Eye camera driver, you must first browse to the appropriate driver that has been downloaded while the wizard indicates that it is time to do so. Then, click on the “Finish” button in order to quit the wizard
- Restart your computer. You will need to disconnect the PS3 Eye camera from the PS3 and plug it into a USB slot on your computer. When you reconnect the camera to your PS3, go into System Settings and select Devices. This will turn it into a webcam that can be used on the PC.
- All Done! Now you can use your PS3 camera on a PC as a webcam.
If you want to extend the USB cable, you will need an extension cable. A USB extension cable is made with a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other. You can get these cables in various lengths at any computer store.
So, now I hope you all will understand How To Use a PS3 Camera on a PC? I explained to you the full and easiest method to connect it with your Windows PC. You can also connect it to a MAC laptop or computer but then the process will be a little bit different but almost the same.
So, this PS3 Eye camera can be a good option for you if you want a webcam on your PC without spending a high amount of money.
Amazon Site is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that is designed to provide aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon products.
BEST WIRELESS DEVICES