Are you facing the issue of Kindle Paperwhite Won’t Connect to Wifi?
If yes, then you are at the right place.
You know, a few days ago when I was using my Kindle whitepaper I got the same issue. Kindle Paperwhite won’t connect to wifi anymore.
But I solved it quickly and easily.
Want to know how?
Then let’s get started.
- Why Is My Kindle Paperwhite Won’t Connect To Wifi?
- How To Connect an Old Kindle to Wifi?
Why Is My Kindle Paperwhite Won’t Connect To Wifi?
As you know the world is going digital and this develops the need for a newspaper, magazine articles, and ebooks to be published more and more on digital media.
To solve this issue Amazon has launched some products like Amazon Kindle which is quite helpful for readers as it provides e-books, magazines, and newspapers on digital media with the help of wireless networking to the Kindle Store.
Although it is a great product, sometimes it shows an error: Kindle PaperwhiteWon’t Connect to Wifi.
You do not need to worry about it because it is a common problem which a lot of people face. It can happen because of an authentication issue or some software glitch.
So today in this article we are going to help you by telling you the 5 phases through which you can fix the problem of Kindle white paper not getting connected to Wi-Fi.
So let’s dive deep into the topic.
Read Also How to Connect to 5 GHz wifi Windows 10
Steps to Fix Kindle Paperwhite Won’t Connect To Wifi Problem
1. Restart The Kindle Whitepaper
The easiest and the most important thing that you can do to solve this issue is to restart your Kindle white paper. You need to follow the following steps to do so.
- First press and hold the power button for a few seconds and then a power dialogue box appears and turns black.
- Now continue holding the power button for the next 30 to 40 seconds and then release it.
- Leave it at rest for a few minutes; say about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Now if you try connecting the Kindle white paper to the Wi-Fi to see if the problem is solved.
Listen to works in most cases but if it does not, try the next step.
2. Use a 2.4 GHz band
If you are using a 5 GHz band or channel then you can also create this issue not connecting Wi-Fi to the Kindle white paper.
If this is the issue then you should follow the following step.
- Now open your admin dashboard.
- Look for the 5GHz channel and try to disable it.
- Once this is done, reboot the router.
- Now shift your Kindle to the 2.4 GHz network.
- When this is done connect your Kindle and enable the 5Ghz band but this time do not reboot the router.
If this works for you then you are facing the issue of connecting to the 5GHz band.
3. Try changing the home Network
You should also check whether your home wi-fi network is working properly. In some cases, people think that the Kindle white paper is not working properly but the actual reason is the home network is causing the error.
- First, you should check out whether your home network is working properly by connecting the other devices and smartphones with the Wi-Fi network that is used for your home.
- If other devices are accessing the internet then you should skip to other steps and leave this one.
If the home network is causing an issue then you should try restarting your network. To start your home network this is for the following steps.
- The first step is to issue power to your modem and Wi-Fi router and disconnect the power cable that is in the wall outlet.
- It would be better if you leave it ideal for a few minutes.
- After that, connect the power cord and turn it on.
- Wait till the LED integrators should stop blinking.
- Now, this must solve your problem of not collecting kindle white paper for the Wi-Fi.
If not then please check whether your Kindle is not on airplane mode. Because the year plane mode disables all the connectivity options.
4. Authentication Problem
Kindle won’t connect to wifi authentication problem is a common problem and you can follow the following steps to solve this issue.
- Open the admin dashboard of your router.
- Every router has a different owner’s manual and you should refer to that to find out the authentication type settings.
- Change the authentication type from WPA2-PSK to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK.
- Now save the changes and exit the router admin dashboard and try connecting with the Kindle device again with the Wi-Fi to see if this issue is solved.
5. Factory Data Reset
This is the last step that you can do to solve your problem of Kindle PaperwhiteWon’t Connect to Wifi.
But before preceding with this step you should make sure you have a backup of your device because this is going to delete all the files data stored in the device.
To perform this step on your responsibility.
- Go to the settings of the device.
- Tap the menu button.
- Select reset device from the menu.
- A warning message will appear where you should appear to reset your device.
Once this is done your Kindle white paper will be set in a few minutes. And after that, you may have to register the device with Amazon and download all your magazines, newspapers, Kindle ebooks, and other similar content from the cloud.
After doing so, try connecting your device with the Wi-Fi network again.
Because of the factory data reset the device forgot the password to your home network so better type the password again and connect Wi-Fi and the Kindle white paper.
6. Your Device Might Be Blocked
You know the routers can block someone from accessing their Wi-Fi so better to check if by mistake you haven’t blocked your Kindle white paper device from their Wi-Fi.
If you unlock the device to connect with Wi-Fi again and this to solve your problem.
Read Also 15 Best Wireless HDMI Transmitter
How To Connect an Old Kindle to Wifi?
If you want to know how you can connect an old Kindle to Wi-Fi then you check the following points.
- First, make sure that what you are using is working fine, and to do so you can use other devices and connect with the same network.
- Next to that, you need to check is to make sure the airplane mode is off.
- Next, you should confirm that you are using the latest version and software available for your Kindle.
As per the third point mentioned you should use the new and latest version of the software.
When you have an old Kindle then they may be some issue with the version that is why your wi-fi is not getting connected with the Kindle.
This is why you make it the problem that kindles paperwhite won’t connect to wifi anymore.
So better to upgrade and update Kindle with the latest version.
How do you update an old Kindle?
White candles update automatically when they are connected to the Wi-Fi. But in case if you use your Kindle only for a day in a week and it is sitting idle in the closet or drawing then you should update your Kindle manually.
And to do so here are a few steps that you can follow.
- Greatest Kindle device and switch on it
- Connect to the Kindle device with all the home networks that you are using.
- From the home screen of the Kindle device, you should tap on the menu icon and then choose the sink option.
- There you should check for the items.
- Plug your Kindle device and leave it for some time and stay connected to a Wi-Fi network for a night.
According to the Amazon website, you will get a final confirmation letter on the device when the update is completed.
Read Also 10 Best 75 Inch TV Under 2000
Kindle white paper is an amazing device for the readers that prefer to read on the devices.
It has a lot of functionality and also there are so many things like magazines, newspapers e-books and many more.
You can read anytime, anywhere, and whenever you want.
Today we have discussed how you can solve the kindle paperwhite won’t connect to wifi problem in just a few simple steps.
I hope you found this article useful and it’s then let me know in the comment section.