If you are going to buy an Android mobile, then it is important for you to know which phone you should buy. Do not buy thinking of the features mentioned by the seller.
MediaTek VS Qualcomm, Just as a computer has processors, in the same way our phones also have a processor, whenever we go to buy a smartphone. First of all, we must see which processor is installed in this phone because it is the processor with the help of which Our phone works.
How many types of processors are there? Before knowing this, let us know what mobile processors are and how they work.
- 1 What is a Mobile Processor?
- 2 Comparison between Snapdragon and Mediatek –
- 3 Why are Snapdragon processors better?
- 4 Read Also 10 Best Ultra Widescreen Monitors For Gaming
What is a Mobile Processor?
Just as its name suggests, the process means working, it is in a way the brain of the smartphone, whatever you do on your phone.
All that work is done by the phone’s processor. Like how well games, movies, apps, songs, cameras, etc. will work, it all depends on the processors of the mobile, currently, processors up to 1Ghz – 2.4Ghz are available in the market.
Read Also How to Connect to 5 GHz wifi Windows 10
How many types of mobile processors are there?
- Dual-core processor (it has 2 cores)
- Quad-core processor (It has 4 cores)
- Hexa core processor (It has 6 cores)
- Octa-core processor (It has 8 cores)
- Deca core processor (It has 10 cores)
Now we will see the difference between Snapdragon and Mediatek, which processor is the best, if you have a smartphone or if you are thinking of getting a new mobile then you must know this.
What is the Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor?
This processor is very much in vogue among people nowadays, a company is Qualcomm who made this processor. Hence its full name is the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, it contains the core, GPU, hardware, and software.
In 2007, first, they made the Snapdragon system on chip (SOC). Launched, it costs very little battery. The camera capability is also very good. It currently has an 800 series processor running well.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon is actually a mobile processor. Snapdragon is a type of System on Chip. These are chips that have been specially made for mobile devices from Tor.
At the same time, they are used only on mobile devices. At the same time, all processors of Snapdragon are designed and marketed by Qualcomm Technologies Inc. In addition, the Snapdragon central processing unit (CPU) uses the ARM RISC instruction set.
What is Mediatek Chipset?
This company is from Taiwan, it has more cores, it drains the battery of the phone very quickly, it is a slightly cheaper processor than the Snapdragon processor.
This MediaTek chipset is used in all the cheap smartphones that come on the market. It’s good on some expensive smartphones. Processors also come like P10, P20, X10, X20, etc. This processor is more popular among people.
Comparison between Snapdragon and Mediatek –
which country is the company-
- Mediatek Chipset is a Taiwanese company.
- The company that makes Snapdragon chipsets is Qualcomm which is an American company.
Battery life –
- These MediaTek chipsets drain more power so that their battery life is very less. The reason for this is that they use more cores in their processor.
- Snapdragon chipsets are very high power efficiency. Because they are designed in such a way that their CPU does not require much battery.
- Depending on the performance, they work well, as more cores are used in it. Therefore you can use them for intensive and heavy tasks. Can also do multi-tasking together.
- Based on the performance, they are equally good. In this too you can easily multi-tasking, gaming, handling heavy and intensive tasks.
Heating Problem –
- Heat is released from all the processors. But MediaTek processors deliver a little more heat as compared to others as it has more cores.
- Snapdragon processors deliver much less heat as compared to Mediatek and Intel Atom.
- Mediatek uses Mali graphics which is a third-party graphics vendor. Therefore, their graphics are not as strong as they should be. This is the reason that the performance of CPU and GPU does not match together.
- Snapdragon processors use their own graphics which is Adreno Graphics. Therefore, they are easily incorporated with their chip. This is the reason that the performance of CPU and GPU also matches together.
Read Also 15 Best Wireless HDMI Transmitter
Why are Snapdragon processors better?
Qualcomm is the company that produces Snapdragon processors. At the same time, the Snapdragon processor is used in most smartphones in today’s time. This is the reason why Snapdragon processors are so important.
Qualcomm Snapdragon processors and models –
Now let’s know about all the processors of Snapdragon and their models-
- Snapdragon S1: There are a total of 11 models in this series of processors which were upgraded in different years.
- Snapdragon S2: The processors of this body were launched by the company in 2010 and around 7 models were launched by the company at that time.
- Snapdragon S3: There are 3 models in this series.
- Snapdragon S4 Play: There are 2 models in this series.
- Snapdragon S4 Plus: There are 10 models in this series.
- Snapdragon S4 Pro: There are 5 models in this series.
- Snapdragon S4 Prime: 1 model of this series.
- Snapdragon 200: There are a total of 6 models of this series, the Snapdragon 205, 208, 210, and 212.
- Snapdragon 400: A total of 7 models of this series are Snapdragon 410 and 412, Snapdragon 415, Snapdragon 425 and 427, Snapdragon 430 and 435.
- Snapdragon 600: There are a total of 10 models of this series. Snapdragon 602A, Snapdragon 610, 615, 616, Snapdragon 617, 625, 626, Snapdragon 650, 652, 653.
- Snapdragon 800 Series:- There are a total 8 models of this series. Snapdragon 800,801,805 (2013-14), Snapdragon 808 and 810 (2015), Snapdragon 820 and 821 (2016), Snapdragon 835,845 (2017-18), Snapdragon 855,855+ (2019), Snapdragon 855,855+ (2020), Snapdragon 888 (2021).
Which country is the Snapdragon processor from?
The Snapdragon processor is actually from America. That is the company whose Snapdragon processor is there is actually an American company Qualcomm. Yes but this processor is made in China by SMIC.
Is Snapdragon a Chinese company?
No, Snapdragon is not a Chinese company. The first thing is making a Snapdragon processor for a company called Qualcomm. At the same time, Qualcomm is an American public multinational corporation whose headquarters is located in San Diego, California.
This company also makes other things which include intellectual property, semiconductors, software, and services related to wireless technology.
Where is the Snapdragon Chip made?
The current Snapdragon chip is made in China.
Does the Apple company use Snapdragon?
No. Apple does not use Qualcomm’s Snapdragon SOC at all. Because they design their own CPU. Some Android manufacturers such as Samsung definitely use Qualcomm’s CPU.
Which processor smartphone is good to use?
Snapdragon processors are the best for smartphones. At the same time, you can also choose the Mediatek processor for your smartphone with slightly less performance.