- 1 PS4 Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi 2021
- 1.1 Why does my PS4 keep disconnecting from WiFi?
- 1.1.1 How do I stop my PS4 from disconnecting from WiFi?
- 1.1.2 1. Close the Application and Run it Again
- 1.1.3 2. Delete The Game
- 1.1.4 3. Try Rebooting the Router.
- 1.1.5 4. Change the DNS Settings
- 1.1.6 5. Try Rearranging PS4 Setup
- 1.1.7 6. Fix Wifi Problem
- 1.1.8 7. Select Manual Frequency
- 1.1.9 8. Update Playstation
- 1.2 Frequently Asked Question:
- 1.3 Conclusion
- 1.1 Why does my PS4 keep disconnecting from WiFi?
PS4 Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi 2021
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Recently I bought a PS4 for myself because I enjoy spending my time on gaming consoles like the PS4. But after a few days, I got a problem and due to which my PS4 keeps losing internet connection.
I troubleshoot a lot about the problem and you won’t believe that I found simple and actionable steps to solve the problem of how to fix the problem of PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
Today in this article we are going to know what the steps are and what are the things that you can do to solve this issue.
So let’s get started.
Why does my PS4 keep disconnecting from WiFi?
PS4 PlayStation is a Playstation or a video game console developed by Sony entertainments.
Nowadays these game consoles are redesigned and improved which have improved buttons, better analog sticks, and also integrated touchpads.
You can enhance your gaming experience by feeling more games and increasing the space. Truly saying there is no simple answer to fixing the problem of ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi.
Because good streaming as a fast and write condition a better version of PS4 operating system and compatibility of the network and the equipment.
There is much more reason which can cause the same problem. So all you can do is use trial and error methods.
How do I stop my PS4 from disconnecting from WiFi?
There are simple steps which you can use per follow to fix the problem of PS4 keeps losing internet connection that is given below.
1. Close the Application and Run it Again
Although it may sound simple, you can try closing the applications and running them again. It is effective as sometimes it is not the PS4 but the game itself which is showing false internet connectivity problems.
For example, while playing GTA V, hit the home button, and once the home screen appears you should hold the home screen button which will appear a menu, and from there select the close option which will completely close the game from the background and now you should run it again to see if it solves the error.
2. Delete The Game
If the above did not fall for you then if you try deleting the game but make sure you have a backup if you have made good progress in the game.
So after having the backup, delete the game from the PS4 and install it again.
If there was an issue in any file over the game then this step must solve it.
You can also produce a backup file to the root folder of the game once you are done confirming that you give me work fine now.
Read Also Smallest 4k TV – Top 10 Guide 2021
3. Try Rebooting the Router.
Rebooting the router is quite advisable to fix the problem of the PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
You should uncle the power cable of the router and plug it again after few minutes. And when the router is power up try connecting it with your PS4 if the cause behind the problem then hopefully now it is solved.
And you will not experience any connection drop from now but in case it still did not work you can try connecting your ISP that is an internet service provider with the PS4 and check if it is working fine.
You can also perform the manual test for the internet speed using the PS4’s internet connection test option.
4. Change the DNS Settings
DNS stands for domain name system and you will use it to solve the problem ps4 keeps losing internet connection.
The atoms of DNS available in the market but the one we recommend is cloud fair our Google’s DNS.
You should follow the following steps to change the DNS settings of a PS4.
- From the home go to PS4 settings.
- Then select network and then set up internet connection.
- From there you should select Wi-Fi and then select custom.
- Next, you should go and select automatic four IP address settings.
- You should not specific about the DHCP setting.
- Now select the manual option under the DNS setting.
- Enter (126.96.36.199) as the primary and (188.8.131.52) as the secondary DNS.
- Now select automatic from the MTU settings and then select do not use under proxy server.
This is done now you should hate test your connection option to confirm the change of the DNA setting in your PS4.
Read Also How to Watch ABC live on Roku
5. Try Rearranging PS4 Setup
As I already mentioned at the beginning of the post, it is necessary to have a good internet connection to enhance the gaming experience on the PS4.
Show rearranging the PS4 setup and changing the position of it is quite beneficial.
You should place the router or modem at some height where your router is not surrounded by Azhar unnecessary devices items.
This will reduce the obstacles between the signals. Also what you can do is place the router or the modem in place of your home where you get the best Wi-Fi speed.
6. Fix Wifi Problem
Sometimes we think is showing the error that ps4 keeps losing internet connection.
But in reality, the main problem is in the Wi-Fi setup the speed of the internet connection is itself not so good.
Certain programs in your Wi-Fi like your router are not in the correct position or your DNA setting is not well defined.
You can check the following things to fix the problem of the Wi-Fi PS4.
- Fix problem with the modem or router.
- Access the router settings.
- Change the DNS settings and SSID name and password.
- Turn off the media servers and the final step is.
- Reset your router.
7. Select Manual Frequency
There is a special frequency for PS4 to work properly and you should configure that to good improvement in your Wi-Fi connection.
Follow the following steps.
- Go to the settings of your PS4 and then select network.
- now click on the shelf set up an internet connection and then use Wi-Fi.
- Select the easy option.
- Now look for the options menu at the bottom of the screen.
- And click on it.
- Now you should see the Wi-Fi frequency band and from there you should select either 5.0 GHz or 2.4 GHz.
8. Update Playstation
The last thing that you can do to solve ps4 keeps losing internet connection issues is upgrade you’re Playstation.
It may be an issue because you are using an older version of your Playstation and this is why your Wi-Fi is not working properly because of the older software for improperly updated files.
Frequently Asked Question:
Can you boost PS4 WiFi signal?
Yes, you can boost the PS4 Wi-Fi signal but it is not suggested. Instead what you should do is boost the router signals and place them on some height like the bookshelf and try to extend the Wi-Fi extender so that you connect to it. The silver finance simply boosts Your signals as the bypass is distributed by water easily.
How do I clear my PS4 cache?
Clearing the PS4 cache is quite simple to do is to follow the following steps.
- Select settings from the home menu.
- Select application saved data management.
- In this system storage select saved data.
- Now click on the delete option.
- Now tap on the relevant game.
- you should now select the relevant game settings and choose the delete option to clear the cache of PS4.
What is good WiFi speed for PS4?
A good Wi-Fi speed for PS4 is at least 3 Mbps. That is 3 megabytes per second, this is the measurement of the rate of transfer of data for downloading speed and 0.5 MBPS to 1 Mbps for uploading speed.
PlayStation is an amazing enjoyable gaming console.
And in case it’s showing some errors like ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi issue then you should not worry much about it and follow all the above-mentioned steps and techniques to correct it.
I hope you found this article useful and if you have any experience similar to the PlayStation then do let me know in the comment section.
Amazon Site is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that is designed to provide aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon products.
BEST WIRELESS DEVICES