It is common for apps that are already working smoothly after installing the iOS 13 update to show glitches as they are still getting used to the new version on the iPhone.
This is similar to what happens when a new version of a computer application is installed. Such unwanted symptoms can develop due to various reasons, most of which are software-related.
A similar issue is addressed in this article on Snapchat, a popular smartphone app. As a result of OS 13 no longer allowing you to use Snapchat on your iPhone, we have provided some possible solutions.
Nonetheless, here are some of the ways that you can try to fix apps not downloading on your iPhone.
- Best Ways to Fix ‘Can’t Download Apps on iPhone’
Best Ways to Fix ‘Can’t Download Apps on iPhone’
- Check the storage space on your iPhone
- reset app store
- restart iPhone
- Check your Wi-Fi connection
- Check your Apple ID payment methods
- update ios
- Pause and restart the app download
- Sign out and sign in to the App Store
- set the date and time on iPhone
- Disable restrictions to install applications
- Reset iPhone device settings
- Allow App Store purchases in Content & Privacy Restrictions
- restore iPhone to factory settings
Your Device Is Jailbroken
If your iPhone is jailbroken, then you have removed some software restrictions and installed various programs on your device to change its performance.
The Snapchat app can crash on a jailbroken device and compromise the security of your account.
Reboot your Apple device to fix Snapchat crashes
If you just met iPhone users who crashed Snapchat, you can try to reset your iPhone. However, a normal reboot may not be enough. You can directly enter the hard reset, which will completely turn off your device and all content on it. Thus, completely resetting the Snapchat app.
Install the Snapchat update.
Keeping your apps up to date is the best way to keep them running optimally. App developers usually release regular updates. If you haven’t set third-party apps to update automatically on your iPhone XR, you may have missed a critical update that prevented the Snapchat app from working. In this case, it will be necessary to manually install the update in the application. Thus:
- From the home screen, tap on the App Store.
- From the main app store screen, scroll down and then tap the Updates tab. Doing so will open a screen with a list of apps with pending updates.
- Search for Snapchat and then tap the Update button next to it. This will trigger the installation of the Snapchat update.
- If multiple app updates are available, you can tap the Update All button at the top right of the screen. Doing so will install all app updates at once.
Installing the latest available iOS update for your iPhone can also help fix the problem if it is related to certain software glitches. Check for a new iOS update to download and install with these steps:
- Tap Settings from your home screen.
- Press General.
- Then tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, you will see an update notification. Read the updated description and system requirements. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update your iPhone XR to the latest version of iOS.
Reboot your phone after installing the update to ensure all new system changes have been applied correctly and to refresh your phone’s memory. Then try launching Snapchat and see if that fixes the problem.
Poor Network Connection
Snapchat works through an Internet connection. If you are not connected to a strong and stable network, the application will not be able to install.
Your network service provider may be experiencing issues that are preventing the app from connecting to their servers.
Enter Safe Mode
The process to enter Safe Mode varies from phone to phone depending on the make and model of the device. However, in general, to enter Safe Mode, you will first turn off the phone.
Then press and hold the Power button until the smartphone turns on and the brand logo is displayed. Now press the Volume Down button. When you see Safe Mode in a certain part of your screen, release the button.
Your phone is now in safe mode. To exit safe mode, restart your device.
Low storage space
If your mobile phone is running out of storage space, Snapchat may crash, especially when you need to save photos on the platform. If you don’t have a memory card, you can get the drivers for your device. If you have one, you’ll need to free up space by deleting videos and other files that you rarely use.
Some files and documents may have duplicates on your phone. Deleting such files and data will make more storage space available on the device.
Reset all settings on your iPhone.
Incorrect phone settings can also cause app updates to stop working. This usually happens when the iOS 13 updates have overridden the automatic settings, which eventually resulted in some conflicts. To clear this up, reset all settings on your iPhone with these steps:
- Touch Settings on the home screen.
- Scroll to and tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- Enter your access code if prompted to continue.
- Touch to confirm that you want to reset all settings on your device.
Your phone will then reboot and restore your default preference. It does not delete any information saved in the internal memory, no need to worry. After the reset, you can enable the features you need to use on your device.
Clear Background Apps & iPhone Storage
To recreate the background app
Step 1: Open the Settings menu.
Step 2: Enter Main Menu.
Step 3 – Scroll down to the option to Re-deploy Background App;
Step 4 – A list of background apps will be displayed, then toggle off the switch for the app you don’t want to run all the time.
How can I get Snapchat without Google Play services?
There are a few ways to get Snapchat without Google Play services. There is a way to create a new Google account without signing up for Google Play Services.
Another way is to download the Snapchat app from an unofficial source, such as the App Store, which does not require the Google Play service.
I hope our guide has helped you understand why Snapchat won’t install on your iPhone, and that you were able to use one of our easy steps to fix this problem.
Keep in mind, that if Snapchat’s server is down while downloading the app, you will face installation issues. We recommend that you wait until the server is up before trying to install it again.